Friday, April 10, 2009

Word Made Flesh...

Jesus is the Word made flesh, and today, Good Friday, He was sent to a cruel cross. The thing that blows my mind is that He knew what was God's will and He willingly went to pay the ultimate price for my sin. I didn't say that He agreed one hundred percent about this act of love. He did not desire to die in such a barbaric way. In fact, He begged God to release Him from death. This is the day that He died for the sins of everyone in this world. Today two thousand years ago, He cancelled the debt of those who put their trust in Him. Honestly, I don't understand all of the intricacies of the sacrifice of Jesus, but I am so humbled and grateful.

God wasn't interested in sending a savior that did not intimately know the trials of those He came to save. God chose to send His only son to walk this earth just like you and I in order for Him to know fully what humanity is like. That is just unreal to me. A king who belonged in heaven came down and took the nature of a servant in order to pave the way for believers after Him. That, my friend, is what the Word made flesh is all about. Thank you so much for dying in my place, precious Jesus. Your wounds made me free. Bless you. I desire to honor you with the overflow of my life.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and and on earthand under the earth. And every tongue [openly] confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Philippians 2:10

No comments: