Monday, April 20, 2009

Possessions...

My bible is my most treasured material possession on earth. People who know me well know that I have it with me almost all the time. I spend hours in it daily. It nourishes me, encourages me, and teaches me. It is a close friend of mine. Being in it is one of my very favorite things in the world. This Amplified bible is the one I study in and it has been very well used. It is safe to say that without this particular bible I cannot function. I know this for sure. I have had to learn to function while it has been missing before.

Last Sunday, I thought that I brought it with me to church and I thought I sat it down on the floor in front of my seat in the auditorium. I am usually very good about picking it back up before I begin singing the last song in our worship assembly. Last week when my family returned home, I realized that I had not picked up this bible and I thought it was a goner. I was very sad. I looked at church on Tuesday after Ladies class and it was gone. I let the staff in the church office know to keep their eyes open and to let me know if it showed back up. I mean I let every member of the church staff know. I was not going to leave one stone unturned. I was on a serious hunt. I just HAD to find this bible. As I pointed out before, it is practically one of my appendiges. I was so desperate, I had my group in Ladies class pray that I find it. Well after a week of searching, my mom found it...waiting patiently beside the door leading to my parents garage. My favorite bible and I are now joyfully reunited and deleriously happy to have one another again. Do you have a precious material possession such as this? I sure hope so.

No comments: