Monday, April 27, 2009

Lasting Fulfillment...

There are so many things in this world that promise fulfillment. Money, status, and material possessions are only a few of the things on that list. Men, women, and children are constantly bombarded with messages that promise fulfillment, but rarely deliver. As I have gone through life, I have found only one thing that provides lasting, true, and ultimate fulfillment--Jesus Christ. Having a relationship with Jesus is the most soul-satisfying and fulfilling thing I have ever known. You may ask, "Why is it so fulfilling?" My answer would be because God does not measure success or failure by the size of my bank account, my waist size, or the size of my home. He decided two thousand years ago that I was worth the sacrifice of His only Son. Now, I think that is pretty remarkable. My job on earth now is to live a life that is worthy of that sacrifice and to let as many people in on this precious gift as possible. Are you looking for worldly things to fill the hole that was custom made for God? Are you wandering around without purpose or direction? Consult the Lord and commit your way and your life to Him. It truly is the best thing there is.

No comments: