Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Living Water...

In Revelation 7 John tells us that the Lamb will lead His children to streams of living water located around the throne. I love that. I believe that is part of the call of discipleship--to lead people to a place where they are able to receive Christ as a conduet of Living Water. As I think about living water, I realize how desperately I need to continually abide in and partake of the invitation Jesus extends to drink from streams of living water. I know this: I desire to be a vesel filled with living water so that those whose souls are parched, broken, and used up can come and drink to their fullest capacity. One thing I enjoy meditating on is the fact that these streams are always available. Twenty-four hours a day. Three hundred sixty-five days a year. Jesus stands ready and expectantly waiting for us as His disciples to take part in this redemptive and restorative action.

Being washed, renewed, and recommisioned continuously is healthy. It is good. This process brings a new demension as a beliver. Allowing oneself to be washed and cleansed opens them up to new levels in the spiritual realm. In the Word I see over and over that the Lord desires to use clean vesels to usher in His activity and His presence. I also believe that if we are continually renewed and cleansed, we can see new works that the Lord is calling us to. Have you ever considered that the call you received long ago is not the one and only work the Lord wants to complete and bring about through you? The Lord is never stagnant; therefore, a disciple should always want to be cleansed, refreshed, and propelled into greater things. I know that is what I want. Take a moment today to allow yourself to be cleansed by the streams of living water that are standing available to you. You will be blessed.

"For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water." - Revelation 7:17

"Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is who asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." - John 4:10

No comments: