Monday, March 02, 2009

For The Love of Reading...

People who know me know that I love to read. Well that love has continued and grown the past couple of months. I have been very blessed by the books I have read recently. Right now I am thoroughly enjoying two great finds: Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer and The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. Don't worry, I know I'm not married right now, but I want to be fully prepared and fully equipped for that role someday because I am believing God will bring that desire of my heart to pass in His perfect time. Both of these books are just excellent. I have always enjoyed getting lost in stories. I could be very very happy to spend an entire day at a bookstore settled in a big overstuffed chair with a wonderful book. I seem to not be able to resist the allure of good books. Plus, my thinking is if a book will help me mature in my walk with Jesus it is well worth the time. Reading just makes my soul feel really good. I find great joy in it. It is one of my all-time favorite pastimes.

No comments: