Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Battlefield of The Mind...

I am reading a really good book right now called Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I have really been interested lately in the way the Lord created the mind and how to appropriately counteract Satan's attempts to contaminate my mind. There is nothing worse than a mind filled with the trash the world loves to fill it with. I want my mind to be completely controlled, governed, and authored by the Holy Spirit. There is a scripture in Proverbs that I have truly come to believe with all my heart.

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." - Proverbs 23:7

I want so desperately to be a source of light and life to this world. There is a ton of power in that scripture. It tells me that whatever I fill my mind with is what will come out in my character and in the offering of my life. The mind truly is a battlefield and I have a choice. I can either choose to be set apart for the use of the Lord or I can allow Satan to feed my mind lies that suck the life out of me as a disciple of Jesus Christ. I choose to be set apart for the Lord. I don't ever want to be used by Satan for anything. I want Jesus to seep out of every part of me. He is my Source and my Redeemer. I want my desires and my will to be crucified to His. Believe me, I have a long way to go in the war that is being waged for my mind in the heavenly places. But, I have confidence that the Lord has me on this journey for a purpose, in order to make me more into the image of Christ. I think it is essentially important to think about the things I think about.

No comments: