Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Power of Thoughts and Words...

This week Joyce Meyer has been teaching me about the impact and power of my thoughts and words on my life and the lives of others. The first part of her series was about how words and thoughts affect our health. To be honest, I've never really stopped to think about how the thoughts and wods that come out of my mind and mouth affect my physical health. It has really opened my eyes to the need to consciously account for the things that go on in my thought life. A person's thought life is very, very powerful and it definitely leaves either scars or blessings on someone's self-image and perception of themselves. I have been reminded of my need to repel Satan's attempts to pollute and contaminate my thoughts and words. There is a scripture in 2 Corinthians that teaches how to do just that.

"For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons, for the weapons are not physcial [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds. [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ." - 2 Corinthians 10:3-5.

Now that is a powerful scripture if you ask me. That is exactly what I want to learn to do with every single thought that is contrary to the character and mission of Jesus. I do not ever, ever want my mind being controlled by demons. That just gives me the creeps. I desire my mind and my words to be under the complete authority of Jesus Christ.

No comments: