Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Report...

My Pa and I before heading back to Abilene

This weekend the entire Cunningham/Glover side of the family gathered in Marlin to celbrate my Pa's 75th birthday. It was so much fun. We had his party at a very popular resturant called The Chicken Place. It is a glorified Chicken Express but they have a nice big room that accomodates our entire family. Laura made his cake and it was adorable. It was such a fun surprise for my Pa. I had such a great time making that memory. I just adore any occasion celebrating the blessing of family. Family is a huge part of who I am and it is so very important to me. Grant and Laura rode down with us so it was really fun getting to spend time talking with them and spending that time together.



Pa's birthday cake courtesy of Laura Cunningham, cake designer and decorator extordinaire


Everyone raved about the cake. I really think that sister of mine has a gift for making cakes. She also really enjoys and is passionate about it. She is thinking about doing it on the side while Grant is in law school, in addition to teaching. I love all of the little details.

We had fun this weekend. I hope you all have someone in your life that you can take the time to celebrate and love on. It truly is a gift.




No comments: