Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Excellence...

There has been one concept that has been rolling around in my head, in my heart, and in my spirit for at least two months now. This concept is excellence. I have questioned what godly excellence looks like fleshed out and purposefully lived out in my daily life before God and before others. What does excellence entail? What are excellent qualities to God? How do I exhibit excellence in every single activity of my life? I earnestly desire to be an excellent woman full of grace and power. I want to be authentically excellent. I want the parts of my life people see and the parts they don't see to be excellent and blameless. I want to go the extra mile and take the extra time to be a person of excellence. I earnestly desire to be a disciple of excellence in everything I do and in everything I say. I do not want to be mediocre when it comes to following Christ. I want to go above and beyond. I have begun to study Proverbs 31 because this woman is not only a great wife, she is a wonderful, exceptional, and Spirit-saturated person. She is diligent. I desire diligence. She takes great care of her home. I want to be a good keeper of my home. She is a great threat to the Enemy. I desire to be a threat to the Enemy. She warns away evil things. I desire to warn away things that are not of God. She walks in righteousness and integrity in her house. I desire that. She is clothed in everlasting garments of godliness. I want those garments. She esteems and honors her husband. I want to honor and esteem my husband when I am married, but I want to do it even more now while I'm not married so that I will be fully equipped and prepared for the role of a godly wife someday. She honors and reverently fears the Lord. I desire to reverently fear the Lord with everything in me. Becoming a woman of excellece takes commitment and devotion, but I think I am up to the challenge :)

No comments: