Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Choose Your Thoughts...

I have been doing a study on the mind and I have to say that God has really opened my eyes and has shown me how emphatically important it is to have a healthy, sound, victorious mind. Did you know that we can choose our thoughts? This realization has brought me such joy and delight. I have recently finished Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I highly, highly recommend it. I am now in the process of going back through and making notes using the many sentences I underlined. My pen was very tired at the end. I'm sure it was throwing a party along with all of the other office supplies I own. Seriously, there was so much in this book that needs to be learned. I feel as though I am still learining and growing from the contents of this powerful book.

"The more time a person spends meditating on the Word, the more he will reap from the Word." - Joyce Meyer (Battlefield of the Mind, p.63)

Paul tells us that if we want to be governed to enjoy God's goodness, we must not be governed and given over to our flesh and worldly desires craved by our carnal, sensual nature (Meyer, 63)

I don't know about you but I want to be totally governed and consumed by the Holy Spirit and His thoughts. I want to be consumed with thoughts that are victorious, productive, encouraging, and edifying. I want to give Satan hell and I want my life to make him really really mad. I want to repel him at every chance that presents itself. I want him to shrink in the Light of Who God is in me. There is a definite war being waged in the heavenlies for our bodies, souls, and spirits. Satan wants to mak us his property. Thankfully Jesus has already obtained the victory upon the cross and through His ressurection. He has cancelled our debt and endowed us with his royal and cleansing blood.

"For the weapons of our warefare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds. Inasmuch as we refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Jesus Christ." - II Corinthians 10:4-5

Choose your thoughts and the things you fill your mind with very carefully. What you think is what you become. Whatever flows out of the heart is what is spoken and believed. (Taken from Proverbs 4:20)

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Sounds like a good book. Your self-talk is so important!!

Candy said...

That's why I soak!