Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Sacred Moments

This has been a week filled with incredible sacred moments in the presence of the Lord. I have spent three days basking in his holiness and in the comfort of his throneroom. I don't know about you, but I find something sacredly sweet about being able to bow completely surrendered to the foot of the cross. I have felt an uncomprehensible sense of freedom as I have brought my desires and dreams to an incredibly sufficient Creator. Through the gift of silence and surrender, the Lord has been able to minister to me in a way that has been divinely intimate and soul-satisfying. I have been reminded of Jesus's command in Matthew that He be our daily bread. The last couple of days I have been able to feast upon his goodness, mercy, grace, and truth. It is incredible to know with all certainty that I am His child, I am an heir to everything that is of God. How did I get to be so blessed?! These precious times of communion with my Savior have served as reminders that God is continually taking my spirit deeper and higher into his character. I have been able to give my heart unreservedly to the Lover of my Soul and I have complete confidence that it will continue to yearn and thirst for the things God has in store. My prayer for myself as well as whoever may wander to this blog is that we will always be willing to be shaped and molded more closely into the image of Christ Jesus. Be blessed as you look for ways to commune with the Maker of all things good.

No comments: