Sunday, April 24, 2005

Bridal Showers

Today was a whirlwind in the Cunningham home. There were no two hour Sunday afternoon naps for any of us this afternoon. My mom was one of the hostesses for a bridal shower honoring Anslee Craig which took place at our house. So, in typical Cunningham fashion, the early afternoon was spent quickly tidying up before the inevitable onslaught of company arrived. As is usual for me, I was quite impressed that my mom could get everything so beautiful so fast! I always enjoy attending bridal showers because, to me, there always seems to be an air of abundant hope and infectious joy for the bride-to-be and her long-awaited groom. Bridal showers symbolize the fulfillment of a lifelong dream and hope of an everlasting union between two people that are committed to one another and most importantly, to the Lord. These times of celebration also serve to renew my hope, that in the not too distant future, the earnest prayer and desire of a Godly, passionately devoted, humble partner, friend, and bridegroom will come to fruition in my own life. It is so funny whenever I attend the weddings and showers of friends my own age because I think I could be up in front of God and a community of people making a covenant of lifelong love and committment to my own Heaven sent gift of grace. Lord Jesus, I thank you and praise you for the gift of weddings. I praise you for the invention and intention of the marriage relationship. My prayer for Josh and Anslee is that you will be the focal point of their union as one and that you will charge them to be focused on everything that is good and worthy of you. May they forever grow deeper into love for one another and you, but may they also always enjoy one anothers' individuality and uniqueness. Be blessed.

No comments: