Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Call to Prayer

If I might, I would ask that you be in prayer this week for three specific requests. The first one is the continued improvement and healing of Jon Westin Bennett. The doctors, as well as Wes, Terrie, and JW are hopeful he will be well enough to return to Abilene most likely the middle of this week. Isn't God good?! The second prayer request is regarding Kerri Lane, who was just diagnosed with melanoma on her abdomen. She is scheduled to meet with doctors tomorrow at M.D. Anderson in Houston to explore surgical options. Today in the ladies class I am a part of, we had the honor of surronding Kerri and laying our hands on her as we together, along with the groanings of the Holy Spirit, petitioned the Lord's help on her behalf. I was absolutely blown away by Kerri's victorious attitude, and furthermore, her desire to not miss any divine appointments God might put in her path. Please pray that God's will is done in this situation and that He alone will be glorified through its outcome. The final prayer request is for the continued progress and healing of Jonathan Shaub, a member of the Otter Creek Church of Christ in Nashville. I became aware of Jonathan's situation through reading Brandon Scott Thomas's blog. This young man has been on my heart ever since. I do not know him personally, but through the comments on his blog at kievster.blogspot.com, I know that he is a very powerful missionary in the Kingdom of Christ. Jonathan was walking out of his apartment in New York City and was hit by a car. He has been in the hospital ever since. Please pray that Jonathan would continue to find joy in each day and that the Lord would continue to bring healing and mercy to him. The Shaubs are an incredible testimony of God's love and grace. My faith has been grown and encouraged by the way they have walked each step of their incredible journey of healing for Jonathan. Thank you for joining with me as we bring these cherished servants to the foot of the cross. Be blessed today as you trust in Him.

1 comment:

Kim Q. said...

Hey sweet angel, I just read your blog....I will be in prayer!!!!!
I love you sweet girl! Your heart is filled with intense passion for the Lord and His people! I really appreciate your adoration for Him!

I pray you are having a blessed week enjoying all of God's blessings!

That your heart will continue to fill and spill gifts of love!

My love and friendship forever,
Kim Quile



"When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another." -Helen Keller, 1913