Monday, January 26, 2009

Let Me Be Consecrated...

For the past few months, I have prayed a new prayer. I have voiced a new desire to the Lord. This new desire of mine is this--to live a life that is fully and completely set apart for the Lord's honor and His purposes. I desire my entire being to be consecrated to and given over to the glory of the Father and the inhabitation of the Holy Spirit. I want my days to be totally consumed with agendas prompted by the Spirit. Now, this does not mean that I run away from the world, but rather, to live intentionally and to be sensitively tuned to the spiritual realm. I want to be different. I want people to be able to leave my presence totally drawn to Jesus. I want people to wonder,"Who does she serve?" I know this is a desire that will take time and effort to cultivate. But, I also know that I serve a big, powerful, mighty God who wants me to ask big things of Him. He specializes in bringing to pass big things in our lives. I want to be able to receive all of the blessings the Lord desires to lavish upon me. I don't want to live a mediocre, ordinary life. I want to relentlessly pursue my God. I want to be taken deeper and higher. I want to know all of who my God is so that I can honestly say I know him intricately and intimately. I want to closely and continually dwell in Him so that He is able to dwell in me in richer ways. I want to be able to wash the feet of others, just as Jesus did through my words, actions, and thoughts.

I love how Oswald Chambers defines concecration. This is my desire in its most fundamental and basic form.

Consecration - is a continual seperating myself for one particular thing. I have added some of my own thoughts to the definition. It also means to be fully devoted to the pursuit of one goal; to be wholly given and invested in its cultivation.

Lord, may my entire being be consecrated unto You. May you guide my thoughts, words, the works of my hands, my acts of worship, and the meditations of my heart. I give all of myself over to Your authority. Have Your way in me.

No comments: