Thursday, January 29, 2009

Current Loves...

First of all, I must come clean. I am barrowing this idea from my precious friend Chelsie. I haven't done this in a while so I thought I would revisit some of the things I am enjoying at the moment.

1. I am loving being in God's Word everyday. Doing this focuses my day and gives it purpose. Now, by no means am I where I want to be in this discipline. I desire to be a woman of the Word. I want to be challenged in my attitudes, my thinking patterns, and my daily walk with the Lord. Usually I choose one scripture to meditate on. Today it is "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4 . I will spend the rest of the day thinking about what it means to fully delight in the Lord before anything else. It has been absolutely wonderful to commit my day to the Lord.

2. I have loved listening to Joyce Meyer teaching CDs. I just finished a teaching called When God When that focused on the concept of waiting on God to manifest His desires as well as my desires in His own good time. I am about to begin a teaching called Holiness by Joyce Meyer. I just really like Joyce Meyer. Sometimes she kicks my butt, sometimes she brings out something I hadn't thought about, but the time I spend listening to her and learning form her always benefits my attitudes and character. I really admire her no nonsense approach. She is one serious and fully devoted disciple. I yearn for that in my relationship with Jesus.

3. I have loved spending time reading. Right now I am reading Ruth Haley Barton's Sacred Rhythms. It is fabulous. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for deeper intimacy with God. It has caused me to think and to re-evaluate my priorites. Some of my favorite authors include Francine Rivers, Beverly Lewis, Jan Karon, and many more. I love getting lost in stories. I would be happy to hunker down in a cozy bookstore and spend the day being enveloped in books.

4. I have loved watching movies. I just purchased Fireproof this week and it is already one of my favorites. It is a powerful movie. I really like love stories, but I enjoy any clean movie really. Some of my all-time favorites are Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, Father of the Bride, The Notebook, Cindrella, Facing the Giants, and Anne of Green Gables. I have many more. My favorite way to watch a movie is with friends in a cozy home. I have great memories of doing this with my close commuinity of friends at ACU. Fun times for sure.

5. I have loved going to Ladies Bible Class on Tuesday mornings at my church. This has been such a rich blessing. Ladies Bible Class has given me a wonderful opportunity to get to know women who I long to emulate in thier devotion to Christ. Beginning in February, we are going to be studying Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi. The study is called Opening The Windows of Blessing. The study has been written by one of the women in our class. I am really really excited about it. It will be fun to see what the Lord teaches me through this study.

So there you go. There are my five current loves at the moment.

1 comment:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Thanks for sharing:)!!