Friday, January 23, 2009

Goodbye Sweet Jenna...

I have to confess something. I don't understand why five-year-olds have to die. My church family and I have been interceding and lifting up a little girl who has had cancer since 2005. I have questioned God, I have cried out to Him concerning this, and I have rested in my belief that He alone is sovereign, He alone is God, and He alone is in complete control of this world. I know God has His reasons, but I still can't wrap my mind around children having to only know pain, suffering, and hurt. I also know with everything in me that God grieves when His children are hurting. He grieves when little children die. I think this is one of those times when I am supposed to just trust in His mystery and realize that I am not supposed to figure everything out about Him or His ways. His ways are higher than mine. His ways are perfect. I lavish praise on Him for this. One of the last emails I got from Jenna's mom was telling me that Jenna had asked all of her immediate family to write a note to take with her to Heaven to give to God. So, as requested, every member of her family wrote a note. I cannot even imagine writing a note like that knowing it is my last for my little girl. When I read that I absolutely sobbed. Praise the Lord Jenna is dancing in His Presence today. Give God a kiss for me little one.

No comments: