Sunday, June 21, 2009

One Busy Weekend...


My friend and freshman roommate, Jordan, got married this weekend. I only made the reception. My Saturday was booked. She was a radiant bride. I was so honored to be able to celebrate her. God has used her in my life to speak truth, to encourage me, to challenge me, to pray for me, and to spur me on to higher things in Him. I am so thankful for and excited about her newly authored marriage covenant to Brent. What a lucky guy. I wish Brent and Jordan every blessing that God has to give. They both have waited a lifetime for this new adventure

I also was beyond blessed to attend an outdoor wedding on Saturday evening full of people I love. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to in a while. It was so relaxed, laid back, and full of the personalities of both families involved. The neice of one of my most treasured mentors was the bride. My mentor's husband performed the ceremony and it was chalk-full of personal touches and stories from the lives of the couple. It was wonderful. I loved it.

Today, my family had a Father's Day celebration at my cousin's house. It was fun. My Mom and Daddy were not there but I made sure to call my Dad and wish him a happy day. I always enjoy times with my family. There are so many precious moments in the lives of families. I am blessed to have a great one.

No comments: