Thursday, June 25, 2009

Brother-Sister Send Off...

Well, the U-Haul has sat in our driveway for two days; it is almost all packed up. Grant and Laura head north tomorrow to say hello to a different city and home for 3 years while Grant attends Texas Tech Law School. I have absolutely adored having them 'home' at my parents house with me this week as they have picked out new paint colors, ran errands, made phone calls, and set up utilities and other things at their new home. The really good thing is that they will live only three hours away and still in Texas. Laura will teach 1st grade at a local elementary school. Grant will devote his days to law books, reviews, and hours in a classroom. I am so excited for this new chapter in their lives, their marriage covenant, and in our life as a family. We have known this day would come but now that it's almost here, I find myself asking the Lord for more time together.

Thankfully, we will have that time in a week-long vacation to our favorite spot: Pagosa Springs, Colorado. We Cunninghams adore Colorado. Grant has a passion for fly fishing, hiking, and getting lost in the beauty and scenery in that place. Daddy, Mama, Laura, and I love to poke around Pagosa, take it easy, and just be together. I have a feeling that there will be lots of hugging, savoring time, and just immersing ourselves in one another. I can't wait. Grant will continue to work for my dad throughout the rest of the summer and go to his new home on weekends as Laura stays behind creating their new home and acquainting herself with the new city they will call home. Really the Lord has led every single step of this journey with them. I am so thankful for the evidence He has given to let them know that they truly belong there for a short season. That is what this whole law school thing is: a season of time where Grant and Laura make their own lives and begin to live out of reputations they create and maintain for themselves. I know the Lord has wonderful purposes, desires, and gifts for them as they have totally devoted this entire journey to His glory. It's just hard to say 'goodbye'. The really neat thing that brings me a lot of peace is that they are God's people and they do not belong to me, they belong solely to each other and to the Lord.

"Where you go, I will go. Where you sleep, I will sleep." Ruth 4;16

1 comment:

Chelsie Sargent said...

I love Pagosa Springs...