Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cultivating a Lovely and Gentle Spirit...

I desperately yearn to possess a lovely and gentle spirit in the sight of the Lord. I can't say I'm all the way there. Thankfully, we are never quite where we want to be in our relationships with Christ. It is a process. It takes time. That is something that the Lord has had to teach and show me as I have grown in my walk of discipleship. I am so grateful that He has made a covenant promise to me to walk beside me and guide me by the power and promptings of the Holy Spirit. I always have to remember that grwoing in loveliness and gentleness will never be finished as long as I walk in this earthly life. Don't get me wrong, I make mistakes. My flesh shouts almost daily. I am the clay He is the Potter..., I am the clay, He is the Potter...

Boy, am I glad that growing comes in stages and that the Lord constantly is promoting us onto greater things in His kingdom. Being promoted and matured in a fruit of the Spirit comes as the Lord figures us out and tests us in order to see if we are being real and not skipping anything He has in store for us. We cannot miss one of His purposes because He uses each one to make us stronger, sharper, and more into the image of the One who is eternal and steady. Our innermost foundation MUST be established in the reality and certainty of Who He is. He must author everything that we are about in order to be fully known in us by the world.

"Let your beauty come not from outward adornment, but let it be found in the beauty and authenticity of your inner person, the person of your heart. A gentle, lovely, and a quiet spirit is of great worh in the sight of the Lord." - 1 Peter 3:4

No comments: