Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers...






First of all this is my completely precious and servant-hearted Daddy, Rob. I absolutely adore him and I could not even imagine my life without his godly influence and his commitment to living in humble excellence. I am so enbebted to him for many many things. I am a product of grace and anything I am is a direct result of God's goodness and my Daddy's Spirit-filled example of an earthly father.


Let me introduce you to my Pa, Bob Cunningham, my Daddy's dad. This man is one of my heroes. When I say hero, I mean a spiritual giant in my life. I just love him to pieces. I am so glad he's in my life. I have such precious memories of growing up spending time with him. There is no way I can repay him for all he's done for me. I guess I'll just have to wait until heaven so that God can repay him. That sounds good to me.





This couple ladies and gentleman, are my grandparents, Jerry and Stel Elmore. My mom is their daughter. I have learned more about the character of Jesus from these two people then they know. There are no two people who know scripture like these two. I know my grandfather as Papa. He and my Grandma moved to Abilene 5 years ago from Bakersfield, California. He served as an elder in their home congregation for 40 years. That's quite a heritage. I am beyond blessed to have Papa in my life and in my journey with Christ. I'm thankful.

(I couldn't find a picture of my Papa and me) I hope you've enjoyed this little family tour. There is nothing like family. I believe it is one of God's most awesome instituions and creations.

No comments: