Monday, September 21, 2009

Sharpened and Spurred On...

There are many things that encourage me. Today I got to partake in a class that really touched on my passion for intercessory prayer and heigtened my desire to be white-hot in laboring for other people in prayer. I have had a ton of respect for Josh Ross for a long time now. From the very beginning stages of his early ministry at Highland, when he was an ACU student, an M.Div candidate, and now as a husband, father, and minister of the Word in Memphis Tennessee, my deep respect for him has only grown and deepened. To be honest, even though Josh is only a couple of years older than I am, he is one of my absolute favorite servants to watch because of the authenticity he chooses to show in every aspect of who he is, even if he doesn't realize it. I know Josh is human and that he has limitations, the truth is we all do. What I am saying is that I am always made more into the image of Jesus by allowing the influence of the disciple that he is filter down into my own spiritual formation. Josh, can you tell you are loved? I just want to say thank you for being so invested and passionate about the call of Jesus Christ on your life, on your family, on your ministry, and on the legacy of who you are and who you will become in the years to come.

Another blessing God gave me today was finally formally meeting another young man I've heard wonderful and life-giving things about, Collin Packer. Collin has also served as a young mentor of the servant I desire to become. I am always taken deeper into the things of the Lord by having the privilege to learn form Collin's example of humility and truth. I feel so grateful to have these two true-to-life, authentic, Spirit-saturated men to learn from, to look up to, and to pray for. I pray God would grow their ministries in Memphis and in Littleton and I pray that the Holy Spirit would rest mightily on their marriage covenants, on their households, and on the men after God's own heart that they are on the journey of becoming. God is good and faithful in all things and I just wanted to say thank you to Josh and to Collin for calling me through the fruit and the gifts of your lives into the depth and reality of who Jesus really is lived out in who you both are in His kingdom. Kayci and Holly you and Truitt, Noah, and Maddox are so blessed. May many blessings fall and rest on the Ross and Packer families by the power and provision of Jesus Christ.

No comments: