Friday, September 18, 2009

A Day At The Movies...

I love movies. I enjoy watching stories unfold. This week I spent one day watching a saga that I had recorded off the Hallmark Channel. It was an old western saga based on Janette Oke's Love books. Throughout the time spent watching these wonderful movies, I kept wondering where the godly, ever-present core values that were characteristic of a by-gone era have gone. I have to say that I adore Hallmark movies and shows because of those values. I am a sucker for a good family-friendly series. These type of movies are very very few and far between in our world today. Why is that? Sometimes I desperately miss those movies that Hollywood has deemed 'dinosaurs' and ancient in the culture today. I get so tired of seeing such blatent and overt sin present in our movie theaters today. Don't get me wrong, there are some really good things that come out of our movie theatres that point directly to God, but for the most part, they are sorely lacking. I think I'll stick with Hallmark-esque movies, series like Little House on the Prairie, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman any day. I am constantly reminded that God has placed me in a depraved and lost generation to be set apart and different. He wants me to be in the world but not of it, but that is harder said than done. I'm mindful that God is with our world even when signs to the contrary exist, and I am thankful for that. Stepping off soapbox now :)

No comments: