Monday, August 31, 2009

A Weekend Full of Football...

Wow, I can't believe its already time for football to begin. Its my favorite time of year and I am beyond excited. The football started last Thursday night with ACU playing Northwest Mossouri and ended in an absolute scorcher between Abilene High and Ft. Worth Dunbar. I am seriously telling you, I don't think I've EVER been that hot. As soon as I put sunscreen on, I'd sweat it off. It was only 90 degrees but it felt like 120. I felt horrible for the players, coaches, and trainers down on the field. There was a man who actually had a heatstroke on the sidelines. It was that hot. I'm not talking be hot and then get in some shade and be cool, it was absolute direct sunlight at all times. At 2:00 when it was finally time to stand up and leave, and once the school song had been played and sung, it got breezy and very cool. Go figure. God is so funny.

I also got to celebrate my sister Christin's 21st birthday on Saturday night which was tons of fun. I'm so thankful to have her in my inner circle. She is a constant blessing and encouragement to me. All in all, it was a wonderful beginning to fall and it made me happy that a change in the seasons is on its way.

No comments: