Thursday, August 27, 2009

Girl Time Meets Heaven...

I was blessed beyond meaure last night as I partook in some much-needed girl time with an amazing new friend the Lord has brought to me. It was so refreshing to be real, authentic, broken, and restored. I don't have all the answers to the storms of life, but I know the One who does, and I will continue to walk in His love, sovriegnty, and control. He is the ultimate Author and Perfector of my faith. I only answer to Him in the end of this time called life. I was absolutely in awe last night of the ways He works. I had an opportunity to just listen, be there, and pray for my precious friend. It felt so good. It makes my spirit feel alive when someone in need calls, texts, or writes to me and says, "I could really use a friend. Are you available at so and so a time?"

We met at Mezamiz and from the moment we sat down, I felt like I was entering holy, and sacred ground so I made myself comfortable and was in it for the long haul. As our conversations played themselves out, we found out that we both shared so many commonlities and similar testimonies. It was freeing, magical, and so sweet. It truly was like we were in the coffee shop by ourselves as God's Presence showed up and Holy Spirit allowed us to go beyond the veils of heaven to reveal such life-giving thoughts, ideas, scriptures, and recent treasures gleaned from recent seasons with the Lord. The night ended with me giving my precious friend some really good teachings to listen to and to soak into her spirit.

"God, thank you so much for allowing me to see you doing what you do best. You tell us all the time that you are not through with us yet, you are constantly delighting in us, pursuing us, and loving us exactly where we are. It doesn't matter if we're at a place of beginning or full maturity. You love all the seasons of the soul, and I have to say, so do I. It's just amazing being your creation, your daughter, and your masterpiece. Thanks for giving me a front row seat to take in your redemptive and restorative power at its best. I love you."

No comments: