Sunday, May 29, 2005

A Weekend in the Metroplex

Howdy blog folks. My mom, dad, and I just got home from a wonderful trip to the Dallas Metroplex. Boy, was it fun, relaxing, and just what I needed! The fam decided last week to drive up to wander around the new Cabela's store they just opened in Fort Worth. It was a lot of fun, but there were a gazillion and one people that had the exact idea we had, I guess great minds think alike:) This store was incredible they had tons of stuffed things on the wall and in "natural habitats" for people to see. An added bonus was that on Friday night Laura, my brother's girlfriend, called and asked if we would like to meet her parents who live in the Arlington area. When we arrived in Arlington, our stomachs were growling, so we decided to eat at our favorite Metroplex restaurant, La Madeliene, and Laura, Grant, Laura's mom, and her brother Andrew met us there. It was so fun. After our feet were screaming at us in Cabela's, we all decided it was time for a break and some dinner so we called the Pattersons to see if they had any dinner plans. We were invited to their house and after we visited a little while we went to Saltgrass Steakhouse in Arlington. All in all, it was absolutely wonderful to meet Laura's sweet parents. They were such lovely people and we are so thankful God has brought Grant and Laura into each other's lives. Today we slept in a little and went back to La Madeliene for brunch. We then decided to poke around Grapevine Mills a little while which is always really fun. I love to shop! We did not stop there. We then proceeded to go to Pier One, one of my mom and I's favorite stores ever, where I got to quench my candle obsession with the purchase of one called Biscotti. It is out of this world! We then decided to make one more trip to Cabela's to pick up something for Grant, and by this time, people were getting out of church and making their way into the store. After our second trip into Cabela's for the weekend, we decided to head back to A-town, where we are getting ready for company coming in for my great-grandmother's memorial service on Wednesday. I am very thankful for little excursions like this where the whole family gets to recharge the batteries. Well, I'm off to see what needs to be done. Too ta loo.

No comments: