Friday, September 07, 2012

Thoughts Change With The Seasons...

Hello friends.  It's Friday and its the beginning of September.  I don't know about you, but those facts make me giddy.  Remember, I'm a cold weather, autumn-and-winter-loving woman all the way.  Knowing that it is September and inching closer to fall just does something to me.  I love knowing that my favorite season is well on its way. Here are some places my head starts to go anticipating getting cozy for Fall:

Baking: I absolutely love baking.  Seeing as I don't cook at all, (the microwave is this girl's best friendas well as my handy-dandy toaster oven), I don't really know how to bake.  So, I guess you could say I love the idea of baking.  There's something immensely satisfying about the combination of autumn and baking.  I also adore the smell of anything baking away in the kitchen.  It is so welcoming. 

Crafting: Confession time.  There is not a crafty bone in my body (I need to spend time with my sweet friend, Ashley in the hopes that some of her phenominal creativity and inner craft goddess will rub off on me).  The closest I come to exercising my craft muscles is bringing out my knitting needles.  Is that an OK admission to make as an almost 30-year-old?  I have been browsing different colors of yarn and I've let out many a happily delighted gasp the last few days.  I don't have any shame in the fact that I'm a knitter.  I love it.  It brings me peace and the needles feel really good in my hands.

Candles: Every day during Fall and Winter you can find me burning a candle in my home.  I absolutely adore being welcomed by the wonderful smells candles bring into the atmosphere!  Candles burning make me feel embraced and at home wherever I am.  Smelling candles in a home also lets me in on a tiny peice of the favorite things of the homeowner might be.  Candles also signigy hospitality to me.  I love hospitality.  I need to get better at inviting people into my home.  I think hospitality is really important in getting a new friendship growing.  The Lord is talking to me as I type these things about hospitality.  It's about inviting people into your heart and life. 

I've enjoyed giving you this little glimpse into my brain during my favorite season.  Where do your thoughts turn during Fall?

No comments: