Tuesday, September 18, 2012

An Invitation To Go Deeper...

This week is Summit (formerly known as Lectureship) at ACU.  I went to my first Summit lecture of 2012 tonight.  Chris Goldman of Northwest Church of Christ in Seattle, Washington was the keynote speaker.  His text was Hosea 4:1-12.  His theme was the difference between knowing about God and intimately knowing of God.  The entire time Chris was speaking the Lord kept whispering, "I want you to know me deeply and intimately, Lauren." Throughout the lecture I could hear my spirit responding, "I say yes to your invitation to go deeper, Lord."  One of my very favorite things about God is that He desires to be intimately known by His sons and daughters.

The question I've been asking myself tonight is this: What does it tangibly look like to go deeper with God? I think He's revealed the heart of His answer.  I love that when I ask God a very specific question, He delivers a very specific answer. The answer to my specific question was really simple.  He said, "Spend time with me.  Spend time in my Word.  Meditate on and respond to what I say.  Don't make me an afterthought bringing only the leftovers of your energy, passion, and attention."  As I reflect on those words, I am reminded of the importance of making my pursuit of God my highest priority and my highest pleasure.  I want to create space so that He can reveal anything He wants me to know.  I want to live in a posture of constantly seeking Him.  I want to live a life that is completely lived around His agendas, timetables, and activities.  I want to be interruptible.  I want to go into deeper realms with God.  What specific things has He revealed to you lately?   

No comments: