Monday, September 10, 2012

Lessons in Intentionality...

I love being in the classroom of God.  I love the process of learning.  I love how things tend to settle into my soul as I'm being taught by God.  He is my favorite Teacher.  Every time I am invited into His classroom, I feel giddy because it is a phenominal experience to go beyond the veil of everything that I know and discover a new facet of His character and majesty.  The fact that He longs to teach me anything just gives me goosebumps.  I love that I serve a God who longs to be known and experienced by His kids.  What a treasure it is to be taught by and loved on by the King of Kings!

The most current lesson He's teaching me is intentionality.  I love how He times everything perfectly.  Just today I read a blog post about the importance of being picky and intentional.  It seems that the refrain to be intentional in every area of my life is constant.  I'm loving it.  I'm learning that intentionality takes time.  One of my favorite things about that is that God isn't in a hurry to teach this lesson.  He wants to be fully invested in this one so that the fruit that is born of it is beautiful.  A person learning to be intentional must take time to weigh the decisions and choices they make.  I really like that.  I don't want to live a passive life where I settle for second best.  I want God's best the first time.  Taking time to learn about intentionality will have big rewards later.

I loved this piece of wisdom from Holley Gerth in her post about intentionality: "Take time to look at the character of the people you trust in life."  I believe it is crucial to surround yourself with community that live lives that are full of the character that you are partnering with God to cultivate.  I want to be a woman who is first of all humble.  I want my heart constantly bowed upon the altar of God's throne.  I want to be a bold encourager.  I want to be fiercely committed to every bit of God's fullness for me.  I want to exercise the authority God has given me effectively to plunder the camps of the enemy.  I want to be wise.  I want to love people as fully as Jesus did.  I want to live in unapologetic passion and pursuit of God's heart.  I want to be a woman who knows and follows the coice of the Holy Spirit.  I want to remain teachable.  All of these are areas that God and I are working on and they are all opportunities to grow in intentionality.  For that I am immensely grateful.  Have a wonderful Monday, blogworld.       

No comments: