Monday, June 09, 2008

My Cup Overflows....

Lately I have been thinking about all the good things in my life. God has been and continues to be exceedingly good to me. In our world it is so easy to focus on the negative things that tie us down. I don't want to be that kind of person. I want to be a person who is aware of the many blessings God lavishes on me on a daily basis. I want to live in a posture of thankfulness, gratitude, and ceaseless praise. I have a wonderful family, wonderful, Heaven-sent friends, a Spirit-filled church, a home that is my haven and so much more. I want to focus on making the people and places in my life better. I want to focus on the joys of this world. I want to watch for the blessings of the Lord. I want to expect the goodness and favor of the Lord.

This last Sunday Highland took communion in my favorite way. The entire church came down to the front row by row to recieve the body and blood of Jesus. I think this is a very holy and sacred way to partake of communion. This is because I get to embrace people who are very special to me as they come to the front. I get to bless those who have blessed me. Each time our church does this, I feel as though the Lord truly is in our midst. I cried as I watched my mom and dad serve the people in our section. It is just really special.

No comments: