Monday, May 12, 2008

A Mother's Love....

My Mama means so much in my life! My mama is a woman of deep, steadfast faith. She is a woman of beautiful gentleness and tenderness. I have learned so many things from her. Here are some of my favorite lessons...

1. She has taught me to cling to Jesus and to press deeply into Him. She has modeled an amazing, Spirit-filled joy and an infinite agape love in my journey of faith. She has nurtured me in the development of my spirit, encouraging me to search and find Jesus for myself so that I may walk out my own story. Because of this, I enjoy such a rich, captivating journey with the Lord everyday.

2. My Mama epitomizes godliness and she has taught me to pursue it myself. She has modeled such a beautiful relentless pursuit of Jesus in our home and in our family. I believe when someone steps into our family for any length of time, they know beyond the shadow of a doubt that our family is commited to the Way of Jesus Christ. Mama has taught me to create a beautiful, Christ-centered home of my own.

3. My Mama is a gifted administrator and has such a precious love for God's little ones. The Lord has given her such a godly way of leading her employees. They know that she is a woman of God who is quick to pray for them. The thing that I love most about her as an administrator is that she knows not to depend on her own abilites and strengths, but to give all of herself to the Lord and allow Him to work in and through her.

4. My Mama is a woman of excellence and she is an amazing wife and compliment to my Daddy. I am constantly praising the Lord for my parent's marriage and for the life that they share. My Mama provides such a safe haven for my Daddy. She constantly makes all of us laugh and smile. She brings such joy and life to my Daddy. I am thankful that the Lord orchestrated and founded the marriage covenant they share. I have been immeasurably blessed to witness such a godly, Christ-honoring, sacrificial love between my parents. Thank you for working so hard to live out your love for the Lord and one another for Grant and I to try to emulate.

5. My Mama is a commited friend. She speaks kindness and blessing into so many lives. Her friends know that she is a safe place. She loves her friends fully and fiercely. My Mama is such a gifted minister. She brings such authenticity and humility to the kids in her Huddle on Wednesday nights. She speaks truth and love whenever she opens her mouth. Her words heal and bring restoration into brokenness and lonliness.

Mama, you are one of my heroes in the faith. I am who I am because of who YOU are. Thank you for being my mentor, my friend, my safe place, my example, and my model. Thank you for all the richness you bring into my life. Lord, thank you for choosing my mom to guide, mold, cultivate, love, and nurture my journey to your heart. She truly is a woman of esteemed honor. I will love you forever, I'll love you for always, as long as I'm living, my Mama you'll be!

No comments: