Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bits and Pieces...

The ladies at Highland just finished a rich study on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John that I was blessed to be a part of. I gained so much rich knowledge from being in the Word everyday during this study. It made me really sit back and think about how I love others as an expression of Jesus. I was challenged, convicted, encouraged and edified in my walk with the Lord. I got to know some beautiful women who have become vessels of His love in my journey. Our last session was today, and we ended out time together with a time of affirmation and blessing of everyone. My favorite part was that we got to right our blessings out to keep forever. The things the ladies wrote were beautiful, warm, and heartfelt. I am thankful and blessed to be nurtured by such wonderful women at Highland.

God has been really teaching me about hospitality lately. He keeps reminding me that my house doesn't have to be perfect, He just cares that I invite people in. I love having my home full of friends and family that I cherish and treasure. I also am reminded that Christ extends His welcome to me every day as I surrender myself to His heart and into His plan.

I ran across this prayer recently and I had to write it out and keep it. It really blessed my spirit and spoke of such a beautiful concept. It is taken from Beverly Ross who is a blogger like me out of the Dallas area. Here is the prayer:

"I pray that I will not only love much, but that I will love well; that I will learn to love appropriately. I need to use my head and test my feelings so that my love is sincere, not sentimental gush. I pray that I may live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus would be proud of: beautiful in fruits from the soul. I pray that these fruits will be rooted to my core so that they may take up residence in my soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God."

I thought those were very powerful words to an amazing concept. Be blessed this day.

No comments: