Friday, May 23, 2008

Heavy Hearted....

I don't know who knows this, but the 5-year-old adopted daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman was killed accidentally on Wednesday afternoon by a family member. To make the tragedy worse, I read that the entire family was there and witnessed the accident. They had been at the Chapman home celebrating the engagement of Steven and Mary Beth's oldest daughter Emily. They were also preparing to celebrate their son Caleb's graduation from high school.

To say the least my heart is so very heavy for this family. I cannot even comprehend or understand the amount of grief and intense and immense pain this family is walking in right now. If this happened to me I don't know if I could even find the strength to form my breath. They are all constantly on my mind, on my heart, and in my prayers.

The only prayer I can offer up for them at this moment in time is the prayer of Psalm 91: They who dwell in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. The Chapmans will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge, and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." Surely the Lord will save the Chapmans from the fowler's snare and froim the deadly pestilence. He will cover the Chapmans with his pinions. He will cover the Chapmans in the shelter of His wings. His faithfulness will be the shield protecting and defending the Chapmans. The Chapmans will not fear the terror of the night, or the sudden death at mid day, or the pestilence that stalks in the darkness. No harm will come near the Chapmans in their season of grief. The Lord will command the angels concerning all of the Champmans to guard them in all of their ways. The angels will lift them up and carry them so that they will not strike their foot against a stone .

Bless these precious servants, Lord. Enter into their suffering, grief, and loss and extavagantly overwhelm them all with your love, mercy, and grace. May they be blessed.

No comments: