Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Knitting 101...

I think I've discovered a new hobby. I began learning to knit this week. I've wanted to learn this skill for awhile but just haven't sat down to do it. Well, that all changed this week. I am a huge fan of scarves, so that is what I really want to learn how to knit. Nothing else, only scarves. I have been watching YouTube tutorial knitting videoes in my spare time this week. I have to say that I am NOT very good at all yet, but I think once I get the hang of holding the needles and getting the rythm of my knit stich, I'll really enjoy it. If there are any knitters out there, I could really use your advice, helpful resources, or any tips you might be able to share. I have to admit, I've found trying to learn it off the YouTube videoes is a bit difficult. I had a very sweet and patient friend from Ladies Bible Class spend an hour with me on Tuesday teaching me the knit stich. The thing is, I need her to sit with me again until I really feel like I have the hang of it. I have found that having step-by-step instructions really helps me. I think I need to check and see if Amazon has a Knitting For Dummies book. I think I'll go check into that.

No comments: