Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break 2011 in Review...

I meant to get around to updating this space last week, but somehow, I didn't get around to it. Lots has been happening in my little neck of the woods. My family's Spring Break was spent on a staycation. We stayed home all week and really enjoyed having some good quality time together. My mama and daddy work really really hard, so they needed the rest and refreshment. On Monday, I spent the afternoon with my family of choice and we shopped till we dropped. It was a blast. We had lunch at the Natural Food Center (which is completely delicious), browsed the mall, went to Target, and went to Old Navy. My second mother and her girls could be professional shopping relay winners. They are serious shoppers, let me tell you. It was a fun girly day that I enjoyed immensely. Tuesday-Friday were spent sleeping in, reading, cuddling with a Westie, a Yorkie, and a mutt, eating, and just being together. It was pure heaven if you ask me. Saturday was spent running errands, replenishing my perfume supply, and just having a grand old time with my mom. I picked up some perfume called Bohemian from American Eagle. It is completely delightful. It was a just-because-I-love-you gift from my mama. We finished our day by my daddy treating his girls to a delicious new obsession in the Cunningham family: Nikki's Swirl Shoppe. All of their yogurt is fat-fee, gluten-free, and some are even kosher. God has been teaching me an awful lot lately and I am so grateful for this growth spurt in my relationship with Him. I've been so hungry for His Presence and He has just lavished me with His affection. Being fully and completely loved by the King of Kings is just the best. There's absolutely nothing like it in this world. I'm just loving growing in faith in the impossible. To top it off, this past Sunday I was at a luncheon where Jonathan Storment, Highland's new Preaching Minister said this, "...the leaders of this church body are happy for all of the different things going on in all of the churches in Abilene. We are not trying to compete with any of them. Our shepherds and church staff are dreaming some big dreams and if we can accomplish half of what those dreams are it will be impossible." I LOVED that statement to its core. I'm just giddy about the direction Highland is headed. I hope your week is blessed.

No comments: