Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A New Month and Other Tidbits...

Yay, it is FINALLY March. I don't know about the rest of you, but February seemed extra long to me this year. I like celebrating a new month. It holds untold possibilities and potential. Another thing that I love about March is that the promise of Spring is so close I can taste, feel, and smell it. Plus, another reason I love March is college basketball March Madness. I mean, how much better can this month get? Spring Break is an extra bonus too.

Here are some things I am looking forward to this month:

1. On Friday, my mom is being honored by the ACU Department of Curriculum and Instruction. She is being given the Grover C. Morlan Award of Excellence in Education. I am so excited to celebrate her many accomplishments in the education profession. My mom was very gifted as an early childhood teacher, and now she is exercising her strong gifting as a school administrator. My mom's side of the family is full of educators. She, her sister, her brother-in-law, and her daugher-in-law are or were at one time wonderful teachers. ACU couldn't have chosen a more deserving or humble recipient for 2011. I'm so proud of the wonderful prfessional that she is and I love that God is using her to shape the lives and futures of young children in our city.

2. An out of town adventure with my mom. I love traveling anywhere with her. She is one of my best friends. I love the fact that I can say that. We've always shared a very strong and fierce bond, I think it is one shared by kindred spirits. Most of the time, she will speak what I am thinking a second before I open my mouth to say the exact words. I really like that we know each other that well. Sharing a brain with her is entertaining and a blessing. I can't wait to see what kind of fun unfolds with her as we head out on the open road.

3. I am looking forward to welcoming Spring. I love this particular season for so many reasons. In all truth, I enjoy all four seasons. Spring has always had a special meaning to me though. I think it must have something to do with creation around me coming back into its fullest life. The colors of Spring are just gorgeous. Knowing that the parts of God's beautiful creation that have laid dormant for many months are getting to be recreated is just a beautiful thing. I love that Spring brings new and vibrant life to everything it touches. Getting out the lightweight layers to add to my Spring wardrobe isn't bad either.

What things are you looking forward to most? I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week. :)

No comments: