Friday, January 01, 2010

Hello To 2010....

Wow. I find it hard to believe that it is already time to begin another year. It seems the older I get, the faster time seems to fly. As I look back on the year behind me, I have to say that it was good--full of opportunites and seasons of growth. It was a year I am thankful for; a year in which I found new depths in my walk with the Lord. There are so many things I adore about my relationship with the Lord, but one of the most precious things to me about it is that there is ALWAYS room to go deeper, to become better, and to learn to love Him in a more intimate way. On the days when I fail Him, I find such comfort in that!

I am ready now to say hello to 2010. I don't know about you, but in my head 2010 just souds different. I am so very excited about the many opportunities and seasons this year will hold. I cannot wait to see where the Lord will take me in this new year. I am greeting this year with a different level of expectantcy than I did the last. I know this to be true: Wherever I go and whatever I do, I will wait and listen to the Lord. I have a feeling that is going to continue to be a place where I can grow. My goal is to not to be one step ahead of the Lord or one step behind Him. I want to be going at His pace in His divine time. One fact that always seems to come back to me year after year is that God's timing is always perfect. He is never late, but He is always on time.

One of my prayers for 2010 is that I will learn to love and rely on God fiercely; in the process of doing that, to love all people in His name and for His glory. And really, those are the two things that will truly matter eternally. I pray that all of you have a very blessed new year.

3 comments:

annalee said...

happy new year to you! thank you for always sharing your encouragement and prayers!

Chelsie Sargent said...

Blessings on your New Year!!

Mary Kay said...

Though a little late, I wanted to wish you a very happy new year! I love your desires for the new year and I have a very good feeling you will not only succeed but all those around you will continue to be blessed by your precious spirit! You are amazing! Thanks for always encouraging us in our walk! You really do inspire Lauren!