Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Month To Celebrate...

October is one of my favorite months of the year. It seems that every year when October rolls around, I am given a sense of newness and rejuvination. Maybe it is because this special month helps usher in some of the common signs of the Fall season, such as pumpkins, gourds, beautiful harvest colors, and many other things. I know I feel a sense of thankfulness and deep gratitude especially during this month because I get to celebrate someone who is one of the many priests in my life- my precious mom, Cheryl. I don't know what I would do if I did not have the daily blessing of being her daughter. I am indebted to her in so many ways. She is a lovely representation of Christ in my life and I think everyone should know her. She is extremely special.

One of the most precious treasures we have to share in our relationship is our birthdays. My mom's birthday is on October 5 and mine is on October 6. One day apart. I have always thought of that as God's little gift to me. As my birthday came and went this year, I came to a realization. The older you get, the more low-key a birthday becomes. Sure it is still very special, but it is special in a different way as each year passes. My family and friends make me feel very special every day of the year through their love, devotion to me, and pointing me to Jesus. I am also thankful for the faithfulness of my family and friends. I am blessed to be loved, accepted, and appreciated warts and all. Bottom line: I am immeasurably blessed! My prayer is that I will grow to love and serve others this year in a new way and that I will grow in my devotion to the Love of my life. I pray also that the world may see Him through me and that the Spirit is truly at home in who I am becoming. Thank the Lord it is a process! The Lord is always good. Be blessed today.

No comments: