Monday, October 13, 2008

Recent Randomness...

I haven't been up to much lately. Here are a few things I have enjoyed as the days are getting shorter and the season is changing:

I have loved getting back to one of my favorite pastimes- reading. As I look around my home, I am amazed at how many books I own. At this moment in time I am enjoying "Red Moon Rising" by Pete Greig. This book chronicles the call of the Spirit on Pete's life as he has helped flesh out the 24-7 prayer movement in Europe. It is very interesting and challenging. I am thinking I want to revisit Jan Karon's "Mitford" series next.

I have also recently started a new Beth Moore bible study that I absolutely adore. It is the Jesus the One and Only study. I am being grown and challenged by each week and for that I am thankful. Beth has such a wonderful way of making her studies applicable and very exciting. She also makes me think and sometimes re-evaluate my belief systems which I appreciate. I also really enjoy her energy and passion for the Word. It truly is contagious!

The next two weekends will be busy ones for sure. This next weekend my mom, sister-in-law, her mom, and my mom's best friend are headed to Fredericksburg to enjoy a long girls weekend. I am looking forward to the fun that we will have. Mom, Laura, and I love to go to Fredericksburg in the fall. I think it is becoming a fun family tradition. Then the weekend after that we have a family wedding in Houston. I am enjoying the little joys in life's randomness.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ohh, have fun in Fredricksburg! I love that sweet little town!