Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Snippet of Life...

I thought that today I would share with you readers a little bit of what I've been watching, reading, buying, and listening to. I have been excitedly watching the Texas Rangers dominate those Yankees. It has been so much fun to cheer on my favorite baseball team. Cliff Lee has fast become my favorite Rangers player. He was phenominal earlier in the week as he took the mound in New York. One of my other favorite things about the Texas/New York series has been the emty stands in Yankee Stadium. I'm hoping they can pull out a win in Game 4 this afternoon. My Rangers-obsessed brother, Grant, is a very happy and contented fan as well. Last night's game even produced something really funny to me. My Daddy was burning up his Facebook status and that NEVER happens. He was especially excited when Bengie Molina connected with the ball last night. Fun times have ensued as the Rangers have taken on the Yankees. I have started Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus and oh my goodness, it is superb so far. Even though I am only still on the first chapter, I am really looking forward to getting to know the Jewishness of Jesus. I have heard excellent things about this read. Have any of you read it? I'm going through it slowly so that Jesus can teach me at His pace. The Lord has placed within me a new passion to love the Jews, Israel, and the place of the Jewish people as God's most beloved and kindred people. I don't think there is a better place to start learning about the Jews than with Jesus himself as He lived in human form. It has been a great journey so far.

Recently, I've been revisiting a favorite music artist that I LOVE. Her name is Christy Nockels. She has a fabulous voice and I love her heart. She and her husband, Nathan used to be known as Watermark. If you haven't heard this CD go onto iTunes and check it out! You will love her just as much as I do, I promise. Have a great Wednesday



No comments: