Friday, October 15, 2010

Favorite Things Friday...

Favorite Fallish Accessory

Today I thought I would share with you my favorite Fall accessory essential that holds a very very prominent place in my wardrobe during the season. As I've stated on this blog time and time again, Fall is my absolute favorite season of them all. I love the coziness of the season. I love that holidays are welcomed during the season. I love the changing leaves, little children in adorable costumes, the cooler weather, the wonderful (what I consider the rustic) smell of fires being lit in homes, the decorations, great quantities of candy corn, the fabulous colors that surround me, and so much more.


Yes, if you guessed SCARVES as my favorite fall-to-winter accessory you are entirely correct. I must make a confession to you all: My name is Lauren Cunningham and I am addicted to scarves. I have become a little obsessed. Oh my goodness, I feel so free after that little confession! :) Any time I walk into Target, Stein Mart, or any of my other favorite stores, I head staight for the scarves. I know its a sickness. I have found that a scarf worn any time brings just the right finishing touch of class to an outfit. Honestly, I've had to pace myself and mentally say, "Lauren, its 80 degrees outside and wearing a scarf in 80-degree weather is nuts!" I think I'll wait until late October early November to break out my favorite accessory.


This is a bi-annual women's consignment sale held every Spring and Fall in downtown Abilene in the old Jordan Taylor space. It is run by two sisters, Summer Walters and Kate Stover who are two of my favorite people. I absolutely adore it. Summer and Kate make it so cozy and fun to come and browse. It is made possible by tons of wonderful volunteers and I love going around and hugging all the ones I know and love. If you are in Abilene between October 16-20 go! It is fabulous. You can visit http://www.mysistershousesale.com at my sidebar to find out more.







No comments: