Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Busy Little Bee...

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't seem to figure out where the month of September has gone. In my little corner of the world the month has flown by. I am a person who loves routine, and it may sound a little weird, but it always seems that my daily routines are solidified a little bit more in the fall and winter months than they tend to be in the summer. Don't ask me why that is because I really can't find an answer for you.

Last week, I got to attend the ACU Lectures or Summit as it is called now. Going to these lectures is good for my soul every year. I think this year was my favorite of recent years. Monday and Wednesday I attended a class that was taught by Beverly Ross. To say it was good would be a huge understatement. The class was a 3-part series on grief. I took away so much rich spiritual meat from this class. Sadly, I missed the second class session, but I'm very thankful I ordered the CDs to own forever. Even though I'm not personally in a season of grief right now, Beverly shared so much that can be used to help others who are in the midst of a season of grief. I, along with countless other people have been contending and interceding for the Ross family, so it was such a precious gift to me to finally officially meet and hug Beverly. I absolutely loved hearing from her heart. I think my very, very favorite things about her are her intensely authentic passion and hunger for Jesus and how authentically real she is. Hearing her heart has made her a hearoine of faith in the flesh for me. No wonder Josh (Beverly's son, and one of my all-time favorite preachers) is such a precious and Spirit-saturated man of God!

I was also very blessed to get to hear Josh keynote on Monday morning. It is always such a treat to hear Josh preach. I love his heart and the very intentional way he lives for God. After his lecture, I got to officially meet Kayci, and that too was a huge gift. In short I really admire the Ross family and I do have to say that God was so honored in and through them at Summit. I have been blown away by the way they have stubbornly chosen to cling to the Lord during this journey He has called them to walk. They truly are living epistles, and my life has been made better by watching how they have chosen to hold unswervingly to faith.

Summit is probably the most noteworthy thing I've done as of late, but my Fall is going to be busy, and that is totally OK with me! I'm very excited about what my Fall calendar looks like. Hope you have a blessed week.

No comments: