Monday, April 12, 2010

An HEB Getaway...

Every Spring and Fall, the Highland family is invited down to the Texas Hill Country for a fabulous 3 day fun-filled weekend at the H.E.B. Foundation Camp in Leakey Texas. My family, friends, and I love to partake of this wonderful biannual experience. I've gone to HEB Camp since I was in 4th grade. I love it. This weekend was no exception. Here are some glimpses of the fun we had: There were LOTS of games of my favorite Chickenfoot on the fabulous large wrap-around porch of the dining hall. Great memories...

Blogger is being stupid and won't bring the first picture down. The fabulous women in the first picture are my good friends and served as my cabin mates along with some men also this weekend. We had some great laughs, times of talking, knitting, drinking Diet Coke, and watching the river. It was so much fun.Below my cabin mates are my precious precious adoptive brother and sister Christin and Chase on the back porch of our cabin. These two sweet friends are such rich blessings in my daily life. Christin belongs to our best family friends Greg and Tina Etter and Chase is her fabulous boyfriend. Love them and the times we have.

These little beauties were scattered everywhere throughout the Hill Country. I love spring, because that means flowers, flowers, and more flowers. Seeing fields covered in dark blue were just the sight I needed to end a glorious weekend with my church family. HEB Camp holds such a sweet cherished place in my childhood and in my heart now. It is a wonderful place for families to come and have fun, connect with others, and enjoy God's masterful creation. I hope your weekend was great as well.


No comments: