Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Atticus Finch

This post was inspired by a quote written in a blog by my friend Beverly. Atticus Finch is one of my all-time favorite characters in all of literature. There is so much we can learn from this wise, tender, gentle family man. One thing I love about Atticus Finch is his desire to be a part of a better world. This is such a rich and complex character with so many different facets to draw from. To Kill a Mockingbird is in the list of the ten best books I have ever read. Inadvertently, this book changed how I see the world. Harper Lee paints such a lovely, invigorating tale with Atticus Finch being one of the central illustrations. The quote on Beverly's blog today:

"There's a lot of ugly things in this world, son. I wish I could keep 'em all away from you. That's not possible." -- Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird

I wish the world held more Atticus Finch's. Be blessed today as you think about the influence of this incredible literary character. He is one of the best.

3 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Great quote:)!!!

Beverly said...

I love you too!!!

Clint said...

Hello pretty in pink(blog). I love you too. Tell your dad to get a blog so I can harass him.