Monday, February 20, 2006

Salem, OR

Funny title, I know but the plans God has for this place really get me excited! I will be traveling to Salem as a part of a Spring Break Campaign at ACU. God is really opening some incredible opportunities to me as I am learning to take a back seat and let him work in my life. I have been praying about how I could get back to Oregon and God knew that this opportunity was in my immediate future! He is the best. Last summer my family and I went to Eugene as a part of the Into All The World Campaign at Highland. We worked with the Christ Fellowship Church and through that week I formed some incredible relationships. Not only did God answer this specific prayer, he allowed the group of my closest and best friends to be on the team with me! There are some awesome servants of Jesus in this group and I can't wait to see how my life will be changed as a result of this campaign over Spring Break. Emily, JDubb, JSwim, Kevin, Blake, Katrina, and Mary, I love you guys and I know God will be glorified through our time together in Salem. Thank you for showing and teaching me the image of Jesus through the gifts of your friendship and your lives.

"I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in darkness, but will have the light that gives life." John 8:12

Lord, let your anointing fall! Have your way in all of us, Lord. We love you more than all other things in this world.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Salem is cool...Merlin's family are all around that area. You will only be about 45 minutes from the incredible Oregon Coast.
I am excited for you!!

Candy said...

I'm excited too and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!