Thursday, November 01, 2012

The Power of Gratitude...

I have come to find that there is so much power in being grateful.  Gratitude positions us to experience what, in the Psalms, David calls "fullness of joy."  I love that.  I have seen the immense power that choosing to be grateful holds first hand.  It intensifies blessing.  It demands celebration.  It is not passive in the least.  In fact, it is very active and it catapults us into worship.  My favorite thing about gratitude is that it ravishes God's heart.  It grabs His attention.  As one of His kids chooses to be grateful, He lavishes their lives with untold amounts of blessing and favor.

I can't speak for you, but I know I want to hold the attention of my King.  Gratitude forces us to look at our circumstances not as problems, but as front-line praises to God -- in the heat of any battle we face.  Being grateful forces us to see the intentionality of a loving Father.  Every circumstance and trial we face is meant to bring out the ways God loves us and provides for us.  Make a choice to be teachable in times of trial.  Yes, it can be difficult, but trust me, if we remain teachable, there is no doubt we will come out of the trial allowing Jesus to form us more into His image.  I hope you have a wonderful Thrusday.  

No comments: