Friday, November 30, 2012

Masks...

Has the enemy ever tempted you to wear a mask?  He tempted me just this week.  I thank thank God that I did not give into the lie that the mistake I made was inconsequential and that a mask would patch it up and gloss over it.  I am so grateful that God gave me the grace to receive His loving confrontation in order to bring the mistake I made into His light.  Mistakes left in darkness are extremely dangerous.  Masks are the mode of operation to the enemy.  They always empower lies.

Every time we make a mistake it is so important that we bring it into God's light.  As we take His hand, and courageously own up to and admit our mistakes, masks fall away and we are healed, delivered, and set free of the chains that these masks bring.  God's truth is that as long as we find security in our masks, we cannot know the fullness that belongs to us in Jesus.  I want to live a life that is free of masks.  It's the only way to know real healing and authentic freedom.  Making the choice to wear a mask has a high price.  They are costly because they inprison us in so many ways.  Masks trive on and empower fear, shame, and condemnation. Being who God created you to be is so much better.  Living authentically honors God and it disrobes the enemy of power and authority.  I am all over that.  Don't be afraid to risk authenticity.  God rewards it in huge ways.  Be brave.  Admit your mistakes, bring them into God's light, and begin to experience what real healing and freedom are all about.  Don't give masks power.  Disrobe the enemy of all authority.  Don't give him any territory.  Trust me, you'll be glad you did.   

No comments: