Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday...

I have been thinking about thankfulness a lot lately. Recently, I bougt Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. Her book is all about being intentional about gratitude and thankfulness and the joy that it brings to life. I have not had the chance to begin reading it yet, but I thought I'd get a head start on thinking about the concept of gratitude and thankfulness. I want these two character traits to come to define my life. So, below, I will share a list of things I am very thankful for on this Thursday:

* I am thankful for Spring. I love Spring. My favorite thing about this season is its promise of new life. If you intentionally look, signs of new life abound in this season. One of my very favorite places to observe Spring is in nature. New life resides in the rising temperatures, the flowers that are raising their heads and so much more. I also love how this beautiful season brings renewal and promise. Somehow, every Spring, I feel a sense of new beginnings. Refreshment is around every corner during Spring. It seems to me, that every day of this sweet season brings a new sense of promise in the everyday mundaneness of life. There always seems to be a pep in my step during Spring.

* I am thankful for color. The gift of color brings such joy to my everyday journey through this world. It brings an instant smile to my face and uplifts my spirit. Color also vividly reminds me that the Creator is fully alive and working. I am often astounded at His intricate use and invention of so many beautiful colors. I yearn for my life to bring color to the people I come into contact with and every single circumstance I face. I love the idea of releasing color. Just think about it. Pretty cool, huh? :) This world would be so bland without this sweet gift from God.

* I am thankful for the fact that I can live in the full inheritance that Jesus died to give me. I can choose to live a victorious life. That fact fills me with unfathomable joy. Every time I see or come across a person who lives in the chains of the enemy, my heart aches deeply for them. I'm so thankful for the fact that I can live a life that celebrates and rejoices in the fact that I no longer live in those awful chains. Choosing to live in the inheritance of Jesus brings such abundant freedom and life. I don't know about you, but living in the light of Jesus is the best choice I've ever made. I am so thankful for the fact that if I choose to live in the overflow and reality of the inheritance of Jesus, every single day is filled with such purpose, and passion.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: