Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Thank You

Today I just feel that I need to write down the things that I have been thankful for lately. As I have meditated on God's Word this week, I have been reminded of how important a thankful heart is in the journey toward His heart. He calls us to be thankful. There is no way that I can put all of the things I am thankful for in this little space, but I will try.

*my incredible family - thank you mama and daddy for living such holy, surrendered lives. I will spend the rest of my jouney trying to emulate your love.

*the group of kindred community that the Lord has placed in my path - thank you for your unconditional love, your fervent desires to walk the Way of Jesus, and the ways that you have brought me closer to the woman I yearn to become.

*the many Heaven-sent mentors that have discipled me as I have come into Christian discipleship - I feel as though I have been near God each time I am blessed to be in your presence! Thank you for providing a steady, unchanging, example for my faith. You all hold such incredibly cherished places in my faith development and in the journey of my spirit man.

*prayer - this is a place where I may come without a mask into the Presence of the Most High God. I may crawl up into His lap and present my requests, petitions, and praises as I receive grace, mercy, and favor. Prayer is a place that I may raise my most hidden songs of praise to a God that is always attentive, and ready to recieve the very inadequate words of my lips. Thank you for such a sacred, precious escape into the Heavenlies, Father

*my church - I have felt more at home at Highland than anywhere I have ever been. It is a church that truly embraces and empowers the weary, the poor, the overlooked, and the hurting. It is also a place that cherishes and honors children and their incredible place in the heart of the Lord.

*Wanda - I have seen more faith exercised from this precious saint and through her childlike experssions of faith I have been drawn to the person of the Spirit and to the person of Christ. Please make me like dear Wanda, God.

All of these people and things have a piece of my heart and I pray that I may appreciate them with a new sense of thankfulness. I forget sometimes to approach God with a grateful spirit because I take things into my own hands, when all things are His to begin with, I have just been entrusted to be a steward of the blessings he has poured out and deemed mine. May I forever be a vesel of honor and thankfulness. I pray that I may be a servant that is acutely aware of the elaborate, immeasurable richness of a Father who loves me and calls me His daughter.

3 comments:

Kim Q. said...

I LOVE YOU LAUREN!!!!I miss you! I have NO idea when we will be back in Abilene.... It was a joy to see you at the wedding though! You are precious! Please call me if you EVER are in the DFW area!

Love Kim Q

Amy said...

It was good to hear from you, Lauren! I hope you are having a wonderful summer!

preacherman said...

Lauren. I really enjoy your blog. It is full of great posts. I want you to know that I have added it to my favorites.
I ask fo your prayers. I haven't been feeling good. I have been having severe migraines.
Again, great blog. Keep up the great work. May God bless your life abundantly.