Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Little Hiatus...

Hello!  I feel like it has been years since I've updated this space.  My last post was in April.  Five months is a long time to go between posts.  I really don't like not blogging,  Writing is a deep passion of mine and it is something that I am created to do.  I earnestly want this space to be one of encouragement, affirmation, and a space that will leave my readers smiling and feeling deeply valued and loved.  I am glad to say my little hiatus has come to an end.  Honestly, I don't even know if I have any  readers left.  That is completely fine with me.  I write as an outlet in this space.  I pray that the words you find here are ones that leave you feeling empowered and highly esteemed because you are dear reader.  You can expect a new post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  With that said, here is a little list of what I've been up to the last five months:

*  I've been helping my mom move and transition into a new job at the Administration Building.  She is now the Executive Director of Federal Programs in the AISD.  Basically, every population that is considered at-risk is under her.

*  I've helped my brother and sister move houses. 

*  I've started filling in part-time at Highland as the sub receptionist.

*  I've taken trips with my family.

*  I've watched countless movies.

*  I've encouraged someone.

*  I've started co-leading a Sunday morning class called Experiencing Prayer at church,

*  I've recently started Beth Moore's Beloved Disciple bible study on Tuesday mornings.

*  I've gone through a really hard season of depression.  {I'm out of it now, but boy was it a doozy}

*  I've battled loneliness.  {Living by yourself is hard sometimes.  I am so hard-wired to be around people.  I enjoy some solitude but too much does bad things to me}

*  I've eaten my weight in cookies.  {I so do not like admitting that.}

*  I've watched some things on YouTube

*  I've gotten back on the Pinterest bandwagon.

*  I've consumed copious amounts of ice-cold tea,

*  I've read some great books.

*  I've written in journals.

*  I've feverishly checked Instagram.  {I am obsessed!}

*  I have made social media an idol.

*  I have seen God's hand in so many things the past five months.

*  I have never stopped believing God is always good.

*  I've hungered for His presence.

*  I've grown in gratitude for His classroom.

*  I've gotten to know His voice.

*  I've learned to rest in Him.  {I'm by no means a pro at this, but I am learning and it has been sweet.}

So there it all is in a nutshell.  Blessings to you!

2 comments:

Mary Kay said...

The only thing I see that you probably should correct...you encouraged someONE! One...I don't think so girl! I think you pretty much encourage anyone you see!!! With your sweet encouraging notes on Instagram or blogs...you lift spirits and gives smiles...daily!!!!

Kent Linda said...

Love your blogs whenever they may appear ;)