Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Happenings in My World...



Hello everyone! I don't know why I've taken a 3-month leave of absence from the blogoshpere. Here are some little snippets into my life during my time away.






My family had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Marlin, TX with the Cunningham side of the family. We celebrated by eating obscene amounts of food, had some great fellowship, ate some more, watched football, napped, and inhaled another obscene amount of food. You know, the traditional Thanksgiving custom. Christmas was spent in good ol' A-town with my mom's side of the family as well as my Nana and Pa, (my dad's parents). We spent Christmas eve with my Nana and Pa as well as my brother and SIL who were in town from Lubbock. They stayed with us the entire week before Christmas. It was so nice to have them with us for so long. We miss them terribly. On Christmas day, we ventured out to Ovalo, TX to my aunt and uncle's house out in the country. We had a massive and leisurely noon meal that lasted all day. I felt spoiled over all my gifts. My family is so good to me. It is nice to be loved. All in all, our holidays were blessed.
Since Christmas, I have been working through "God Loves Ugly" by Christa Black with my friend Sarah Campbell who also happens to be one of the Youth Ministers at Highland. We meet every week to discuss a book and this was her choice for our first go. It is a fabulous read. I have been thoroughly challenged, refreshed, and convicted all by one little book. It deals with self-image and I think one cannot grow enough in this area of life, especially in the culture and society we live in. Every teen girl, daughter, parent, youth worker, and woman needs to read this in my very humble opinion. Sooo good.





No comments: